I am so honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It’s an award given to bloggers who inspire and create positivity within their blogs. And I am so happy that someone believes I exhibit this!
I was nominated by Victoria over at A Grace Filled Wife. It’s so humbling that she nominated me for this award, and I do hope I continue to inspire and encourage through my blog!
Victoria is a wife who is passionate about pursuing a God-centered marriage. She encourages me so much in my own marriage, and I do hope to meet her some day!
Nominees are asked to do the following guidelines: 1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog. 2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. 3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. 4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Nominee Q & A Here are the questions I received along with my answers. I love getting to know other’s and I’m excited to share a little about me and my blogging journey with you all!
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging was something I never expected – I love the community! I have met some of the most incredible women who are sharing openly, inspiring others, and being a positive voice in the world! I have met some of my new blogger friends in real life, but there are so many more I want to meet!
2. Who inspires you in the “blogosphere”? Oh my, this is a hard one. I love blogs, and have for a long time. Blogs have made a big impact in my life, which is what inspired me to blog in the first place. Some of my favorites are Robyn at The Real Life RD and Kylie at Immaeatthat. One of my new favorites is Megan at A Continual Feast.
3. What has been your favorite blog post you have posted? Another hard one to pick, but I’d have to say my favorite is the two part series sharing my story with an eating disorder and recovery (part I and part II)
4. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? My hope is to encourage and inspire women to boldly embrace themselves and pursue their dreams. Our society is filled with messages telling women they are not enough (pretty enough, worthy, successful, capable, etc.), and if I can be the one positive voice in the sea of negative messages, that’s what matters to me.
5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 items would you bring? If my hubby and kitty were already along, then I’d bring my box of handwritten letters from my hubby and close friends, good coffee, and my Bible.
6. What is your all-time favorite movie or TV show? Right now, it’s Poldark. Cannot wait for season 4 to come out!
7. What is your dream travel destination? I am dying to get to Scandinavia, especially the Netherlands.
8. What is your personality type? (If you know it!) I love personality types – I’m such a nerd that way! I’m an ISFJ.
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? My dream is to be a full-time mommy, blogger, and Beautycounter educator and possibly living in Duluth, MN. My hubby and I love northern Minnesota!
10. What is your favorite food? Do I have to choose one? I’m going to say, good bread. I grew up in Europe and always had access to good-quality bread – I miss that bread so much!
11. How did you come up with your blog name? I have a blog post dedicated to this! Go check it out here.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. Megan from A Continual Feast – Megan and I share a similar passion for intuitive eating and sharing our journey through recovery. She has a beautiful heart and I hope to meet her in person someday! 2. Anne from Mindfulness in the Midwest – She’s a Beautycounter consultant too, and loves cats just as much as me. 3. Anna Jo Baker from Discovering Her Soul Purpose – I love Anna’s transparency and heart to serve women! 4. Whitney from Sometimes, Always, Never – If you’re in your 20s and trying to navigate all the challenges it brings, this blog is for you! Whitney’s The Letter Project is also doing amazing things to help encourage girls and women! You can sign up to write letters as well! 5. Kristen from A Classy Fashionista – I’ve had the pleasure to meet this lady and her blog is full of beautiful photos, fashion ideas, and helpful tips. 6. Ashley from Love Always, Ashley J. – If I could have a personal stylist, Ashley would be the one. Love her minimalist fashion and her beautiful spirit! 7. Karin from Truncation – Karin is one of my heroes! She’s a mamma of 3 girls, and lover of ethical fashion. Love her heart and transparency. 8. Paige from Paige Wingate Yoga – One of my closest friends who is pursuing her passion of teaching yoga and sharing her journey with others. 9. Brenna from Will Daytrip for Donuts – I love Brenna’s energy and excitement for anything from traveling to the simple joys of a sprinkle donut! 10. Mackenzie from Cup of Kenz – Kenz is full of joy regardless of the situation! She inspires me to choose joy every day and to encourage others. 11. Megan from Saturday Bagels – I love Megan’s simple and balanced approach to food!
Make sure you check all of these wonderful bloggers out! They are all so inspiring and such an encouragement to me.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging? 2. What is your favorite blog? 3. How do you stay consistent and organized with your blog? 4. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? 5. If you could only eat one thing the rest of your life, what would it be? 6. What’s on your bucket list? 7. What would an ideal Saturday look like? 8. How do you come up with an idea for a blog post/what inspires you? 9. What is your morning routine? 10. What’s your favorite book? 11. What’s your favorite coffee shop?
Thank you Victoria for nominating me! And for all the ladies I nominated, thank you for making an impact in my life, and keep shining bright!